Thursday, October 3, 2013

A New Beginning

I am excited to join the blogging world again! So many life changes have happened since my last blog, and I can't wait to share our new adventure. The biggest change is that we have now realized our dream of me staying at home with our family! I am taking some time off from teaching (which I do love and miss) to be home with our little man. It has only been about six weeks, but the time has already been amazing and invaluable. He has a sibling on the way in February, so timing could not have been better!

We bought a house about a year and a half ago, and have been busy renovating and beginning the lifestyle we have always wanted! My hopes for this blog are to share our journey into homesteading and living the simple life. We have a little over an acre on a beautiful hill (thus the blog title), and we are getting things going!! Our first attempt at a garden was very successful this year, chickens will be arriving in the Spring, and we are working on making more food from scratch! I would love to share any great recipes I find!

I am hoping to sew and craft much more than I have been able to in the past, and maybe even be able to sell some for a little extra income. I have so many projects I want to share... time to get started! Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment